We interrupt this program . . . .
If you have been following this blog, you are now NO longer. Google has discontinued Friend Connect.
Please locate the subscribe button at the top, right of this blog and re-follow. Glad to have you back!
Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Program . . . .
March marks the one year anniversary of the “made with love (and paper)” Design Team. Happy Anniversary gals!! We started one year ago, with a St Pat’s challenge. made with love consists of a group of gals that love paper-crafting! Each month we challenge ourselves to complete projects with specific requirements. Please stop by and join us!! You are always welcome to submit your creations to the challenges.
With this anniversary challenge to made with love, Rachelle encouraged us to create a project with the following guidelines:
theme: “oh, lucky day!”
requirements: 3 color minimum, embossing or debossing, accordion flower (rosette)
Rachelle, said it did not have to be a St Pat’s Day creation, but I am thinking most will. Projects are just now being posted at the design team site, so hop over there. Yes, I myself, went with the St P Day theme!
I have made rosettes before. One here and there. They are so fun! I really wanted to make a wreath at Halloween. The Halloween colors of orange, black and purple look great in rosettes. But, I ran out of time. So here was my chance! I am so happy that my Pazzles can “score” fold lines. (It actually perforates them, but it’s slick.) No messing with a score board. But if that is what you have, that is the way to go. You would not want to make all those folds by hand!
All of the colors played in nicely with this project: greens, purples, gold and even blues. I used some wonderful paper that I have seen around and have had since last year. The brands of the green prints are Little Yellow Bicycle and Deja Views. You can see them close up on my facebook fan page.
First I made the rosettes and punched some circles. I laid them all together with some shamrock stickers and started to go for a design that looked balanced.
Then I attached the “decorations” to the rosettes and made the round wreath. I had just the right amount of rosettes.
I made this beautiful sentiment and sweet bow.
I applied the requirement for embossing to the bow. Here is a closeup:
Next I played around with the placement of the sentiment and the bow.
I did not like the bow anywhere. But, I left it on for the final assignment, as it was my embossed piece.
I gave this wreath to a friend. This is what she received.